Monday 7 January 2013

Knitting Obsessions

I love how we knitters (and crocheters) feed off each others energy.  Who doesn't want to see or hear about the latest project a fellow enthusiast is working on.  Isn't that part of why people read and write knitting blogs?  We get inspired by what others are creating.  And, even if we personally have several projects on the go, there is some kind of energy in the prospect of a new one.

I recently got caught up in this kind of contagium when I read Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting's latest post, "Hexipuffs!".  In it she talks about her latest knitting obsession being the beekeeper's quilt.  I was intrigued the moment I saw all those puffy little knit hexagons in various colours.  I especially liked the ones with little hearts and flowers on them.  Then I clicked on the link to her Pinterest hexipuff inspiration board, and I was hooked.  I want to make hexipuffs with hedgehogs, cupcakes, and sheep!  Lets face it, I want to make every single one that I saw.

Its crazy, right?  But we all do it.  That creative energy is contagious, and I have absolutely no problem at all with being caught in it's spell.


No comments:

Post a Comment